Well, it's been a really lousy weekend. I have accomplished close to no schoolwork and even less knitting. I have a quiz in all four of my classes this week, plus the short paper for my writing intensive ecology class due on Thursday. I wouldn't be so worried about the quizzes if I had time to study for them but I'm afraid that this paper will take a while (seeing as I have yet to choose a topic because I know nothing about ecology, or do any research) and that will cut into my studying time. This weekend I intended to do a lot of schoolwork but never really got around to it because I was lazy on Friday afternoon and Saturday and I worked Friday night and all day today. Apparently management is angry that I can't come in on Monday night (I have class from 7-9:30). It's not my fault they scheduled me a day I'm not available. It's not like they don't have a copy of my availability....Arg.
In knitting news, I'm more than halfway done with the bag I'm knitting for my sister out of Berroco Lullaby. I don't have any photos of it yet but hopefully I will get around to taking some soon. It is from a pattern that someone from my LYS wrote (it was free). The bag was originally for Koigu KPPPM on size 2s but I modified it to make it on 7s in the Lullaby because I wasn't sure I was prepared for working with 2s yet when I started (although now I think I could handle it).
I'm also about 6" into Topsecret. It looks fabulous so far and I'm so excited to be knitting my first sweater. I was really frustrated with it for a while because the first inch is all purling and somehow between row 1 and row 4 I continually managed to somehow lose between 1-4 stitches. Since I'm using the recommended Bernat Illusions, which is a boucle yarn it's really hard to rip out row by row or to see any mistakes so I figured I was better out to take it out completely and start over every time it happened. I recasted on and did the purl rows about 5 times before getting really frustrated and putting the whole thing away for a few weeks before trying again. When I started a couple days ago I had to divide the 120 stitches by 20s and count between all the markers to make sure I didn't lose any stitches while purling the first inch. I was glad that my patience paid off, and now I'm into the body portion! Hopefully will have photos of that to post soon too!
Thats all for now, perhaps more later on in the week (after the craziness dies down)