1.04.2005

[FO] Holiday Knitting - Clapotis

So, I decided I'm going to post one FO at a time (to keep from having one ENORMOUS entry). I chose Clapotis to post first because it's my favorite.
Pattern: Clapotis
Yarn Used: 5 skeins of Artyarns Supermerino in color 105 (this is my new yarn love!)
Needles: size 8 Clover bamboo circs

Modifications: I did one less increase section, making the straight rows only 95 stitches across. I had JUST enough yarn.
Gifted: to my Aunt Mary Anne who had an inkling to teach me how to knit when I went away to college but never had any idea that it would become such an obsession! She looooved Clapotis and is now hunting for yarn to make one for herself (as am I!)

Here are a couple pics of Clapotis blocking:


Clapotis blocking  Posted by Hello

That is a twin size bed (for size reference).


One corner of Clapotis blocking Posted by Hello

Here is a picture of the stitch detail (my favorite)!


Clapotis detail Posted by Hello

Finally here are a few of the happy recipient!


Aunt Mary Anne opening Clapotis Posted by Hello


Aunt Mary Anne wearing Clapotis Posted by Hello


Aunt Mary Anne wearing Clapotis 2 Posted by Hello

I realllly loved this project (seems to me that everyone who has made it has the same sentiments)! I want to make one for myself but I'm on a budget. I'm thinking of ordering some yarn from Handpaintedyarn.com for mine. I decided I want red (atypical for me, but hey it's a new year!)...but there are too many beautiful reds to choose from!!! Ahhh...the joys of decision making :) Hope everyone's new year is going well!

2 Comments:

Wowy zowy! That is amazing! I love your Clapotis, and it really looks like your aunt does too!

Yeah, definitely knit yourself one--I know it will be great on you! :)

By Blogger Lauren, at 11:39 PM  

Our Clapotis are twins! It looks lovely on your aunt. It's a mystery. I counted that I dropped 30 stitches total, but I can't believe you used only five skeins. Very weird. Perhaps more will be revealed.

By Blogger green-eyed grrl, at 3:26 AM  

Post a Comment